In case you missed our live Opening Remarks to the Northeast Filmmakers Lab 7th edition and keynote Jake Krueger HOW TO PITCH here it is …
Meet our NEFL7 Lab Fellows.
In addition to Keynote HOW TO PITCH featuring Jacob Krueger (Nov 13), other Film Talks include Fundraising and Production During Covid (Nov 14); Marketing, Promotion & Distribution (Nov 15) plus, the NEFL PITCH CONTEST. Winner receives $10,000 in production services, script breakdown, legal consultation, a 4 week screenplay course with Jacob Kreuger and more. Here’s what you’ll learn from the Keynote:
- What a producer, agent or manager is really looking for when they hear a pitch
- How to succeed at pitching even if you’re shy!
- The 3 keys to every successful pitch
- How to avoid the 5 most common pitching mistakes
- How to find pitchable elements even in a “low concept” or “character driven” project
- How to find your hook and make producers salivate without “selling out!”
- Unique pitching techniques specifically designed for NEFL’s 3 minute pitch contest (Nov 15th).
- Purchase the combo Film Talk 1 + Pitch Contest & $ave!
REGISTER before October 30th (early 25% discount, enter Code NEFL25OFF) for All-Access, Day Pass, includes 3 Film Talks, Screenings, Industry mixers and more.
See growing list of Industry Advisors attending.
Posted MARCH 27, 2020
During this unprecedented historic time, we understand filmmakers, artists and their families are deeply impacted by COVID-19, here and around the globe. We know small businesses and many of us in the creative gig-economy need to take care of ourselves. We also know the value of community and will continue to strengthen our model that has been serving filmmakers now entering our 7th year.
Our mission remains to support emerging filmmakers through this most challenging time. We are shifting our focus of communications using on-line resources and technologies like ZOOM to keep our filmmaking family informed, sharing access to top industry experts in our new CHECK THE GATE weekly series. In addition, we will continue to foster new on-line resources, fundraising tools, networking and personal mentorships with industry experts, at low to no cost to filmmakers.
What Filmmakers say about NEFL and their Break Through Experiences
An incredible experience from start to finish. As an independent filmmaker, I felt thoroughly supported and encouraged. Lovely people and a really nurturing atmosphere. Made some great connections and met a lot of talented individuals. – Maya Bastian, Filmmaker, Toronto