Congratulations to all participants in our first Pitch Contest. Our judges couldn’t narrow it down to just one, thus, they doubled their prizes and two standout presentations take home over $10,000 in production services. Contestants were limited to 3 minutes, encouraged to make their pitch personal and impactful. JOURNEY by Erika Hamilton and ABDUCTIVE REASONING by Leanne Robinson-Maine and Justin Maine left our judges dazzled and wanting to know more!
PITCH CONTEST – 1pm Sunday, November 15th – Virtually
Each presenter will have 3 MINUTES to PITCH their project. This will be a VERBAL pitch (no PPT, no videos), just you and your story. ONE winner will receive $10,000 in production services, including a script breakdown by a D.G.A. Asst Dir. Josh Friedman of Crew Me Up, legal consultation with FilmPro Finance Vinca Jarrett, a 4 week screenplay course with Jacob Krueger and more. The winner will be announced by after a short break by the judges.
Judges include Josh Friedman, Flo Mitchell-Brown, Jacob Krueger.
How to prepare or how to fix your pitch? Register for the Keynote Film Talk 1 on Nov 13, then come pitch your project. Purchase the combo Film Talk 1 + Pitch Contest & $ave!
Here’s what you can learn from the Keynote: HOW TO PITCH
- What a producer, agent or manager is really looking for when they hear a pitch
- How to succeed at pitching even if you’re shy!
- The 3 keys to every successful pitch
- How to avoid the 5 most common pitching mistakes
- How to find pitchable elements even in a “low concept” or “character driven” project
- How to find your hook and make producers salivate without “selling out!”
- Unique pitching techniques specifically designed for NEFL’s 3 minute pitch contest (Nov 15th).